Friday, July 15, 2022

FUCK, I'M DYING.


Well not literally, and hopefully not for a few more decades. But, Christ, I feel like I am. 

I really thought I could do it. I thought I could be one of the few lucky ones to dodge the COVID bullet, but all my hopes went straight down the crapper when I tested positive after a full day of trying to cough up both my lungs. My first test was negative and I thought, ha! Just a cold after all. People still get colds, right? Of course they do! That's why it's called the common cold---it's common! Then my symptoms got steadily worse; pounding head, fiery throat, muscle aches, my whole body was screaming. So I did another test and then.....BAM. Positive. 

I went to a mini family reunion last weekend in Tulsa, so no big mystery where I caught this crap. Everyone was vaccinated and boosted--there was much discussion about it beforehand, so we know this for sure---but I guess I have what could be called a breakthrough case. Apparently there's an Omicron offshoot called the BA.5 going around and it's the latest thing in viruses, so at least I'm au courant

So that's it, that's all, that's the post. If you need me, I'll be quarantining in the upstairs guestroom, trying not to infect the world. At least I have a furry little Siamese nurse to take care of me.    

Little Stevie Nicks. Her sister Sabrina is at the bird watching window.


ALSO, this seems apropos, because when I think back on what COVID was like, 
I'll remember this fucking headache


No comments: