Tuesday, March 30, 2010

And because I got nuthin' today, I thought I'd share some more delightful spam. This determined little bugger actually landed in my inbox. It's apparently from Elsie Craft--which doesn't sound like a fake spam name at all, no way.

Subject: The theatrical movie business was on the rise for its third weekend in a row, thanks largely to Alice and audiences'
Monday, March 29, 2010 5:38 PM
From: "Elsie Craft"

Operations Centre. Emergency response teams were in place.
Half a million homes remained without power across the Northeast and mid-Atlantic region on Sunday, as rain continued to pound states from West Virginia to Connecticut for a second day.
officials to their counterparts in Pakistan.
"fantastic pressure" since losing about half of its top 20 people in the past year.


Seems to be a brief stream-of-consciousness writing exercise that starts with a report on "the theatrical movie business" and Alice In Wonderland and then, it just, sort of...goes off the rails a bit.

Overall it was an admirable effort, Elsie. And you tricked me into opening your weird gonzo spam, which--cheers, I guess.

1 comment:

Ms Sparrow said...

Andie, I forwarded the text of another Gonzo Spam that was blogged about. I sent it by email. It sounds like a punchier version of the one you got.