A joyfully obligatory post to celebrate 01.01.11
Instead of making resolutions for the New Year, I've come up with a ritual.
- Take a sheet of paper and draw a line down the center, length-wise.
- In the first column, make a list of of negative things in your life that you are ready to let go of.
- In the second column, make a list of new, positive things that you seek to welcome into your life this new year.
- Take a pair of scissors and cut the list along the dividing line.
- In a (fire-proof!) ceramic bowl, carefully burn the first list--the one itemizing the negative things you're ready to let go of.
- Dispose of the ashes in the trash or scatter them outside and let the wind take them away.
- Take the second list --the one itemizing the positive things you want to welcome into your life--and place a red candle on top of it.
-Light the red candle once a day for seven days, til it burns out. (I'm probably legally required to say this: never leave a burning candle unattended, natch.)
The last step:
LET THE SUNSHINE IN!
Happy New Year To ALL!