Monday, March 07, 2005

Recently I went shopping at Best Buy for my nephew's birthday present (he just turned 3). I was looking for The Muppet Movie on DVD, but they didn't have it. I got him The Muppets Take Manhattan instead--it's inferior to the original, if I remember my muppet movies correctly--but still a good one. It may be a few years before he's able develop a full appreciation for the muppets, but I figure this will give him a good start.

While I was browsing the DVD offerings at Best Buy, I was shocked to see how many bad TV shows are being lovingly recycled into multi-disc DVD sets. I mean, Punky fucking Brewster? Who's the Boss? Saved By the Bell? Married With Children? Holy shit. I can't believe that there was a demand big enough for any of these to warrant a DVD boxed set. What's next, Small Wonder: The Lost Episodes (with Director's Commentary)?

And still, MTV has yet to release The State.
There is no justice in this world.

No comments: