Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Wow, five posts this whole summer. But I have a good reason.

While it may seem like I've been slacking ridiculously, my lack of posts was actually due to my lack of a job and limited internet access. The trade off, though, is that I got to spend a glorious summer working on my writing. For three and a half months. Nothing but writing and doing my own projects. No psychotic bosses. No copier jams. No weekly bullshit staff meetings. This summer was the most awesome awesome that ever awesomed.

And now, I'm back.

Yes, I've been forced by my dwindling funds to take a temp job, so here I now sit in a cubicle in an office building decorated primarily in shades of brown, light brown, tan, beige and puke green. I pry my ass out of bed in the morning, despite the screams of protest emanating from every fiber of my being, and drive seventeen miles out to the burbs for a job in a very brown sales office. But, it's only temporary--as I must keep reminding myself.

This too shall pass.
Every cloud has a silver lining.
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
A stitch in time saves nine.
My heart will go on.

Okay, now. So I'm still the same starving artist/writer as before (and oh yeah, while I'm at it-- BUY MY STUFF!) I'm just spending my weekdays breathing recycled office air, attempting to simultaneously look busy and stay awake.

But, as I said, it's only temporary.

No comments: