Thursday, January 08, 2004

I'm in a complaining kind of mood, so excuse me while I rant.

I hate TV. It sucks. I can't believe how low it's sunk. And I'm not even talking about the obvious examples of suckocity, like reality TV shows a la American Idol, Survivor, ad nauseum. I'm thinking in particular of the one channel that I used to enjoy--VH-1. I mean, okay, in the old days it sucked. They played shite like Michael Bolton and stand-up 'comedy' from Rosie O'Donnell. But sometime in the mid-90's it got cool. I loved Pop-Up Video and even the back-to-back eps of Behind the Music. I even liked the one about K.C. & the Sunshine Band. And shows like Storytellers were often watchable; sort of an Unplugged for people who don't listen to hip-hop. They still didn't play too many music videos, but it didn't matter a whole lot, since popular music blows. But turn on VH-1 lately and it's like the E! Channel for people who occasionally read books. It's all stupid shows about how rich Sharon Osbourne is, or Driven: Kelly Clarkson (puh-leeze!) or an exclusive peek into the private life of P. Diddy. If you don't believe me, check out the website. And if you're so inclined, drop them an email and ask them why they suck now.

And here's an idea, email me too at beadchick73@yahoo.com
It would be interesting to see how many people are reading this. Someday I'll put up one of those counter thingies, but only when I have more than like, five readers. I don't want to depress myself.

No comments: