Friday, January 02, 2004

So I'm thinking about becoming a yoga instructor. I've been looking up info on the web about it--apparently, to be eligible to enroll in an instructor certification program, you need to have some serious yoga classes already under your belt (picky bastards!) I took once-a-week hatha yoga classes off and on from 1996-1998, and have since practiced it sporadically at home. I'm guessing that this doesn't make me a serious yoga student, so I've decided to enroll in some classes at a yoga school in Minneapolis. I'm going to a free class this Sunday to learn about the institute, and to get some general information. I'm thinking that if I were to embark on an exciting and rewarding career as a yoga instructor, it would a.) be good for me healthwise, since I'd be practicing yoga daily; b.) promote good mental health and keep my mind centered, which in turn would benefit my writing; c.) provide me with a marketable skill and flexible work hours that in turn would enable me to support myself and my writing career.

It's brilliant! I can't believe I didn't think of this before!

No comments: