Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Link day!

First up is bookcrossing. It's a sort of serendipitous book club that you can join for free. The idea is to read, tag, and then "release" books "into the wild" (i.e. in a coffee shop or someplace else where a random book lover is likely to find it). You can print out "tags" on the website that you use to mark the book with a registration number and information about the bookcrossing website. The lucky person who finds the book can then go to the website and enter the book registration number (so that the person who released it knows where it went), and then read the book and (hopefully) release it into the wild again! I'm a member (my id is kittencat), and since joining last year I've registered 8 books and released 2 into the wild (still waiting to see who "caught" them). It's a fun way to pass along books that you don't want anymore, and there's even a section on places that books were recently released--you can look up your town and see if there are any current releases out in the wild, so you can go "hunting" for them. Can you tell I am way into this? :-)

The Institute of Official Cheer is awesome! Check out the fascinating Story of Bread, peruse the Big Little Books, and marvel at my favorite--a pictorial on a failed clothing line for men called the Dorcus Collection. And if you're brave enough, take a look at The Grooviest Motel in Wisconsin. I confess--I tried to look, but the hideous decor made my eyes all hurty.

I am hopelessly addicted to rathergood.com, because nothing's more fun than rock star kittens! Josh and I nearly pissed ourselves one time laughing at this site. Well, I nearly pissed myself laughing at it. Josh was laughing at me laughing at it. There may have been drugs involved.

Finally, did you know that Corey "Sunglasses At Night" Hart has an official website? Well, he does. It appears not to have been updated since 2002, but it does have a detailed bio, disc- and videography. Cool!









No comments: